How To Be Ready To Ship?
Shipping is one of the most important service that a seller has to provide their customer. Why? Shipping is the process in which you provide your customer the product that they want. You ship the product to them. Happy Shipping, Happy Customer! You have to be careful of where you are shipping them and how you are doing that. Unsatisfied customers are something that you would never want, and most of this unsatisfaction comes due to not properly shipping.
Don’t you worry though! We are here to make you ready to ship your products, by our simple guide! We will be learning how to add shipping cost, where to ship, types of shipping and shipping costs and many more!
Today we will be understanding how to configure your shipping settings for your to be ready to ship your products!
First you need to log into your account, the account you used to create your store, and the go to your dashboard.
Select Settings option in your store manager and you will be welcomed by this page:
- Go to the Shipping option.
- Here you can enable and disable shipping. If you will enable shipping, you will be asked to give the Processing Time, i.e, an estimated time by the product would be shipped. You will be also asked to choose the shipping type, which is, Shipping by Zone. Which you can configure your shipping for each Zone.
- A Zone is an area where your particular product will be ready to ship. For example, the customer ordered your product from Delhi, so the product will be shipped to Delhi, which is in the Northern Zone India.
- You can edit and add shipping methods for each zone.
Add Shipping Method
- Let us add a shipping method to North Eastern Zone India.
- Here you can limit your shipping location with your customer’s PIN code, thus specifying the area. Click Add Shipping Method.
- You can choose from these two options: Flat Rate, Free Shipping.
- Once you added the method you can edit the Shipping Method.
Edit Shipping Method
- Let us edit the given Shipping Zone.
- Click the Edit button and you will be welcomed by this screen.
- You can add your method title, like Flat Rate
- In Cost you can add the base shipping cost. If you want to add shipping cost for individual products, you can use this format.
10.00 * [qty].Use
[qty] for the number of items,
[cost] for the total cost of items
- In Description you can add any specifics for your shipping.
- In the Shipping Class Cost section you can specify which class of products will have their own specific shipping cost. For example, if you are shipping a product that falls under Crafts section, you can add a craft shipping cost. It is recommended to make your base shipping cost as 0, as the shipping cost is additive.
- Press the Save Method Settings to save and apply your settings, to get ready to ship.
Viola! Following this guide you have now learnt about how you can configure your shipping settings of your products and you must be ready to ship your products across the map! Able to provide your customers the best possible shipping experience and ensuring the smoothest delivery for them is the greatest satisfaction for a seller, and now you have obtained the power of shipping! We believe you will be using this power for good and give your customers the best possible experience!
We hope that this guide was smooth enough for you to follow through. If you have any queries you can always let us know!
Ready To Ship?
Have trouble in configuring your store settings? Check this out: How To Configure Store Settings?